Carolina Filters, Inc. is a Sumter, South Carolina based company that provides Indoor Air Quality and Process Equipment Cleaning services to a wide range of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, industrial, military, automotive, schools/universities, and commercial buildings. We are currently recruiting candidates to fill the position of Business Development Manager within our Indoor Air Quality division.
Provides and sells products and services for the Indoor Air Quality Division in Georgia.
The sales position is comprised of three key activities:
- Call on existing filter product accounts and generate additional business.
- Prospect new filter product prospects and open additional accounts.
- A third component, selling IAQ services will be added; after initial effort is established and productive.
To be successful, the individual will also be required to be proficient in the following tasks:
- Provide quotes for air filters and/or service as needed.
- Process and maintain all paperwork related to an order.
- Develop timely sales forecasts.
- Attend monthly sales meetings.
- Resolve customer complaints, profile inventory, maintain competitive pricing.
- Create engineering reports with photographs.
- Maintain Access databases for all Air Service accounts.
- Keep Excel spreadsheets updated for all open jobs and possible jobs.
- Maintain customer files to include filing, file generation and archiving.
- Maintain various customer specific reports. (Word, Excel, Access)
- Maintain an active Target Account List.
- Maintain a shared calendar.
- Maintain opportunity management format.
- Enter and track all quotations.
Further, there are necessary observable characteristics:
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Comfortable with face to face prospecting.
- Problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Follows through on sold filters and/or services to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Keeps current on market business and product trends.
- Has aptitude to learn and use estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of related concepts.
- Work closely with other internal departments to provide feedback on our products and services.
- Must currently live and have sales experience in Georgia; preferably the Atlanta area.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret work order instructions, customer specifications, safety manuals, technical procedures and/or regulatory communications.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand concrete and abstract concepts, interpret verbal, nonverbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to travel (including infrequent overnight assignments).
- Bachelor’s degree desired and five (5) years of experience in a similarly related field in Georgia. (Associates Degree and/or significant sales experience would also be acceptable)
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce software.
- Experience in the filtration industry is required.
- Ability to assess potential business and negotiate favorable terms with existing and potential customers.
- Ability to strategically plan and maintain focus to meet sales goals and deadlines.
- Office environment and greater than 50% travel.
- Hours of work: Generally, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with extended hours as necessary.
- Weekend work may be required.
- $75-90,000 salary depending on experience, with opportunity for bonus based on performance of the individual and the company.
- Automobile and expense account provided.
- Group medical insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Life insurance paid by the company
- Supplemental life insurance
- Supplemental accident, hospital confinement and cancer insurance
- Employee paid short/long term disability insurance
- PTO: 9 paid holidays; 8 government holidays and 1 floating holiday
- 2 weeks’ vacation after 30 days of continuous employment
- 3 paid personal days after 30 days of continuous employment
- 401k benefits